>
>
Business News
Sleeping family rescued from Sharjah house fire
2016-02-24
NEWS_IMG
Refrigerator sparked fire that spread to the rest of the house
A family was able to escape after police officers woke them up and led them to safety while they were sleeping when a fire broke out in their house in Suhaila area in Kalba City of Sharjah on Monday night, said Colonel Ahmad Bin Ya'rouf, Director of Kalba Police station.The fire, which broke at around 1am, was discovered by police officers during their routine patrol duty.Police officers saw the home engulfed in smoke.The officer then called firefighters, knocked on the door of the family's house and woke them up.Police officers led them out to safety until firefighters reached the house and put out the fire. No injuries were reported.The fire started from the refrigerator and spread to the rest of the house.